Apr 7, 2010

72 Hour Kits

So about a month ago I was woken up in the middle of the night by are glass doors on our closet shaking. It was a earth quake. I could hardly sleep the rest of the night knowing that I would not be prepared if that was "the big one." Needless to say I was prepared a few days later. My Mom had given us some awesome backpacks a few years ago, but they needed revamped since a lot of the stuff had expired, and I didn't have anything for Jada. Anyway, here is the list I came up with. I had some requests to put it up so here you go!

Adult 72 Hour kit

Backpack
emergency flashlight
hand sanitizing wipes/gel
gum
chapstick
whistle
bag identifier
power bars
hard candy
Emergency water packs
lighter
waterproof matches
pocket knife
3 light sticks
MRE heater
2 MRE meals
jerky
Coban wrap
plastic medical tape
trash bags
3 hand warmers
deck of cards
Ibuprofen/Aspirin
small soap
tube tent
antibiotic ointment
epi kit (3-1ml syringes, 2 epi vials, 1 filter needle, 2 band aids, 2 alcohol wipes, dosage chart)
emergency blanket
pkg flushable wipes
4- safety pins
medical gloves
medical masks
mirror
instant ice pack
alcohol wipes
assortment band aids/gauze
burn cream
tweezers
bandage scissors
iodine wipes
sunblock
emergency radio
cash-50$
water bottle w/ water purifying tabs
copies of important doc.
plastic utensils
pads/tampons
hair elastics
* FYI these are not in any order

6 comments:

Jenna said...

I, too, woke up for that one! We had kits made, but they REALLY needed to be updated...so thus, the process of refilling. I think Kyle and Nathan will be grateful that we put in enough clothes and food for them! (: Thanks for the list...I'm going to check it against ours to see if I'm missing anything!

Erin said...

THANK YOU! When these save our family I will always think of you friend!

Aubrey said...

I need to revamp mine too, and have wanted to for a long time. Thanks for a list

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the prized list! :)

Tiffany said...

Don't forget a to include a lovey or special toy, treat for Jada! I'm sure kids would love some comfort if something was out of the ordinary.

Jay, Holly and Ava said...

I've been working on my 72 hour kit for a while now. I just keep putting off the last details. I may be finishing that today now. Thank you for the reminder!